Owners: Christy and Shawn Hackinson
Business: The Alley on Main
Opened since: 2015
1. What inspired you to open your own business?
We dreamed of having a place of our own. We knew how we wanted our place to feel when you walked in the doors. We wanted it to feel like community.
2. What makes Murfreesboro businesses special?
The support from the people has been amazing. The people who live here want you to succeed, public and fellow business people alike. It’s a great place to live and work.
3. Who are your customers?
We see people from all walks of life. People come in business suits and T-shirts and jeans. We are a neighborhood restaurant.
4. Describe your business in a few words.
We are a scratch kitchen with extremely high-quality ingredients in a very relaxed atmosphere.
5. How do you define success in your business?
If our guests are happy and I feel proud about the food we put out, that’s success for me. Our crew feels the same way, they have pride in what we do.
6. What are your current and upcoming goals for your business?
We want to continue to bring delicious food to Murfreesboro and grow our catering business as well.
7. Besides your own, what is your favorite local business?
We love going to Simply Pure Sweets for breakfast, the Green Dragon for lunch, and stopping by Cultivate Coworking for coffee and events.
8. What advice would you give someone looking to open a business in Murfreesboro?
Get involved with the Chamber of Commerce. They are extremely supportive of fellow members. Also, find ways to give back to the community. The more you give the more people give back to you.